【Inspection Robot】Sr. Mechanical Engineer
|Robotics startup co-founded by robotics researchers.
Specialized in flexible and compact robots with unique strength in narrow inspection, pipe inspection, disaster rescue etc.
Increasing focus on data platform for infra maintenance.
Year of foundation: 2004
Workforces: approx. 30
|- Design parts and assemblies for real use in outdoor conditions.
- Integrate electronics and wiring into mechanical assembly.
- Make and review manufacture and assembly drawings.
- Make and review Bill of Materials.
- Assemble machines and make functional test.
- Modify the current models based on the feedback.
- Build parts with 3D printers, assemble prototypes quickly.
- Design jigs for tests and validation.
- Perform experiments to validate new concepts, test endurance of parts.
- Execute the field test.
- Contribute to the creation of quality reference and maintenance of comprehensive project records, technical reports, maintenance documentation, and documentation to track progress and ensure compliance with standards and regulations.
- Provide mentorship: Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers, fostering their professional development and growth.
- Perform cross-functional collaboration: Collaborate closely with multidisciplinary teams, including electrical engineers, software developers, industrial designers, and project managers.
- Do innovation and research: Stay at the forefront of industry trends, emerging technologies, and innovative engineering solutions. Identify opportunities for process improvement and innovation.
- Ideally have more than 3 years experience in mechanical design, preferably involving design of machines/devices which uses actuators
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities
- Proven experience in mechanical design and project leadership
- Strong Design and Analysis skills
- Experience of design/modification for cost down
- Experience more than 3 years in mechanical design
- Experience of sealing (waterproof, dustproof) structures
- Experience with some software programming (any language OK) and making electrical circuit (hobby level OK!)
- Experience of the product improvement
- Ability to convert an explanation of user needs into a schematic or text-based specification or definition of the mechanical/electromechanical system requirements
- Ability to design a simple but effective test
- Must be willing to assist colleagues in other departments and trades
- Proficiency in industry-specific regulations and standards
- Have an interest in the development of robotic systems
- Have an interest in innovation through engineering
(or vice versa)
(or vice versa)